Sunday, November 13, 2011

Life's Blessings

Friends

I never win at slot machines, I never win Publisher's Clearing House or the Lotto.  But one thing I can say, is that I am lucky, very lucky.

Last night, after the close of the Las Vegas Crafters Guild Harvest Boutique, Mike and I headed over to Merriam and Bill Olds' house for a casual dinner party.  Bill's brother Beau was visiting from Washington D.C.  We had heard so much about him and were looking forward to meeting him. 

Much to my surprise, this was just an excuse for a surprise birthday party for me!  I never expected a thing.  Mike and Merriam spent a few weeks planning it.  I did not have a clue.  By the way, Beau was there too.

The food was incrediblel - kahlua pig, lomi salmon, laulau, ribs, fried chicken, noodles, rice, shrimp, crab salad, cheese, salami and more.  And of course, wine, beer and Bill's famous margaritas.

Cake and presents followed . . . . wonderful gifts from wonderful friends. 

I can say I am truly blessed.  The pics are not of the party but of friends and different times that we have gotten together and had a good time.  Friends are to be cherished. 

Thank you all for a wonderful birthday surprise from the bottom of my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment