Friday, November 11, 2011

24 Carrot

Baby Amarillo Carrots
It was late August or maybe early September, Rick had just put in some new rows for planting.  I didn't have much in my seed hoard that  I thought would  make it through the first frost (though I  found out later I was wrong) so being on the cheap and not real energetic, I gathered the dried carrot seed heads in the field and broadcasted them on the new rows.  A gentle wind helped with the task.

By the way, carrot flowers are beautiful.  A  dense cloud of small white flower clusters that resemble Queen Anne's Lace.   Bees have a love affair with them. They are nice dried too and could be used in a dried arragement. 

These little baby carrots are the result of the impulsive broadcasting. Petite  baby carrots that are darn cute.  They measure about 3" long without the heads.  Great for crudites, saute, steaming.   A delicious, unexpected treat.

Supply is limited but get them while you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment