Monday, November 14, 2011

Desert Farm Girls Does Salsa

Doing the Salsa


I love salsa!   It is one of the healthiest and tastiest sauces and can be used for so many things. 


Since we had to harvest our Stupice heirloom tomatoes before the frost hit, we had an abundance of tomatoes.   We sold quite a bit at the Tivoli Fresh 52 Farmers and Artisan Market but still have a bit left.   I've been wanting to make salsa too - in my spare time - LOL.  Well, yesterday I made 10 pints.  It was so easy - I cheated.  I used the the Ball Salsa mix. 


I can honestly say it turned out great!   It is spicy but I like spicy.   These two jars are going to be gifts for Merriam and Darlene.  We're still celebrating my birthday . .  going to Vitner's Grill for lunch.   Diet?  what diet?

No comments:

Post a Comment