Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Squash That Got Away - Crookneck Squash Project

                                   These Squash Got Away From Getting Picked

I found these crookneck squash in the squash patch - they somehow were lucky enough not to get picked (and eaten).  Their skin has hardened and I thought how pretty they would look in a fall table decoration.  

I remembered that the decorative gourds in the grocery stores had a clear glaze on them so I coated them with Krylon clear spray.  First I washed off any dirt, let them dry in the sun and then coated them on all sides, stems and all with the spray.  I may give them several more coats, already have two.

Hope they will last at least until Thanksgiving.  Cross your fingers. 

                                                     Pretty butterscoth color

No comments:

Post a Comment